Well, N's last day at work is this friday. He found a dream job back home in Iowa and the opportunity is too awesome to pass up. What does this mean for us? God only knows. He's been sort of avoiding me and not telling me why other than it's nothing that I've done and not to worry about it. I believe it's due to severe stress. They are not making his departure very easy and we just had the closing week from hell. My dad took us out for lunch on Thursday. I was shocked. It was completely his idea and he paid. My dad doesn't do that willingly for just anyone.
Tomorrow my sis and I are going to Tar-jay. Retail therapy is good. I also made a kick-a t-shirt purse out of two worn out Hard Rock Cafe shirts which I have posted on my Flickr blog. It's #82 from the Generation T book, which is an awesome book that I checked out from my local public library, which has been getting a lot of cool and new crafty books lately. LIBRARIES ROCK!!!
My ticket to California has been purchased. I am playing hooky from work that friday and flying out there. Then A, baby L and the big ass dog are driving cross country back to Kansas. I can't wait cause we get to go through nevada, arizona and new mexico. I will get to see the twinkling lights of Las Vegas. Hell yeah!
My sis and i also are planning on making a trip to Austin, TX this summer. Why because I have never been to Texas and my sister wants to go down there when she doesn't have to go to a job fair or interview and I picked Austin cause it's this musical/art mecca that is really supposed to be cool. I am just all about the road trips.
Of course, I will be sneaking in a trip or two to my home state of Iowa to visit, N, T, and the fam. I miss them all so much and N hasn't even officially left yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment