Just after Christmas I had sent off two boxes of yarn, hooks, needles and knitting magazines and leaflets. I sent off my doubles, the ones I knew I wasn't going to make anything out of to this really awesome organization called Warm the World in Colorado. They have some really cool outreach programs and other organizations that they help and just reading about their accomplishments gave me a good feeling. So I stuffed two flat rate boxes full of goodies and I encluded some fairly recent knitting magazines because I know they aren't cheap and most people probably don't think to donate things like that or won't part with them. They were happy to receive them too. I see it as part of my "Be the Change" resolution for this year. Knitting and crochet make me extremely happy so if i can turn that into good works for others, that makes it even better.
Today at work was kind of yucky. The stress level around me is awful. I bet if someone took the blood pressure of everyone in the department we would all probably flunk except for the payroll clerk and myself, because we are young and fun and sometimes we just shut the door and laugh until we are about to cry.
On the upside when I finally came home from work, there was the nice e-mail from Warm the World. I was very relieved that my boxes made it to them and weren't buried in a snow pile. I received a Christmas present from my aunt E. She sent me a diamond heart necklace, a really awesome three strand heart necklace from AMERICAN EAGLE and a $50 giftcard to Wal-Mart. I can afford a tiny bit of caffeine now!!!! Yay. The books I ordered from BN came as well. I must say the pictures and stories in the Al Gore book are just breaktaking (this also follows my theme too) and I will probably stay up very late reading parts of his book and the autobiography of Anthony Rapp (one of the stars of RENT!!!). A-dolly's Easy Bake Oven Gourmet Cookbook also arrived and their is a bourbon chocolate birthday cake recipe in it. Oops! Lol...When I agreed to be her fairy godmother, I never promised to teach her about morals.
Night night...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment