I can’t believe that June is basically over. Where did this month go by or my weekend for that matter. I did go to the yarn store in Raleigh yesterday. It had a nice selection but I think that the one in Hillsborough carried more of my personal favorite yarns. I also went to the Whole Foods next door. They had these adorable locally grown Venus Fly-Traps and I really wanted to buy one but I didn’t because I have no clue at all how to care for them. Next door to Whole Foods is Quail Ridge Books and Music, which is a really cool independent book store. It’s nice going to indy book stores because you will find more small press books and a more diverse selection then what you will find at the big box stores.
Today I ended up going to Jo-Anns and I bought two Simplicity patterns from their Project Runway series (how cool is that?!!) and some odds and ends craft supplies. Then I went next door to World Market to buy some more Dr. Pepper Jelly Bellys (theirs come in a faux plastic pop bottle that is perfect for collecting sand) and it turned out that it was free tote bag day. Then on my way home, I decided to stop by the Borders because I hadn’t been into that location before. Seriously, people I can only visit them once a month. They have a HUGE selection of Paper Source products and some really cool magazines. I found this magazine called BBC Music, which is run by my favorite BBC people and it is essentially a magazine for classical music buffs and included a free cd, so I couldn’t resist buying it for Sunshine to put in his next box. I like classic music but I am a rock n roll girl to the core. I buy Rolling Stone magazine about every third issue because I don’t like to buy the ones with politicians or plastic chicks on the covers.
When I was not out stimulating the economy, I was working on the green apple shawl (I am almost finished with skein 2) and watching old episodes of Project Runway. I am so annoyed that I would have to get satellite tv to get the Bravo channel. I only have seasons 1 and 2 so I need to see if seasons 3 or 4 are out on dvd yet.
Anyways, I am excited that this is only a 4 day work week. YAY! The worst part about 4th of July weekend is that my idiot neighbors (and yours too probably) think it is fun to shoot off fireworks at all times of the day in the apartment complex parking lot in a state that is still in a drought and still on fire in some parts of the state. I enjoy fireworks from a safe distance with a ample water supply near by that are set off by pyrotechnic professionals. It scares me when they are set off carelessly because one of my worst fears is becoming engulfed in flames. It sounds like thunder outside but I peeked out my window and it is not raining yet so it is a big tease. I don’t like being wet either but I like the fact that the rain washes the dust off my car and makes the temperature about three degrees cooler.
I also did boring chores today. I managed to vacuum, clean the bathroom and do dishes. Yay for me! I hate chores. They interrupt precious crochet and reading time. I was mainly motivated to vacuum because I hadn’t vacuumed the areas where I had all the moving boxes piled up yet since they finally picked them up this past week.
It should be an interesting week. Hopefully work goes smoothly. We are short two people in my department and soon we will be short a third so that has made things sort of hectic around there. It is definitely making things interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment