I came home from work tonigh and there was a Post Office extravaganza waiting in my room. I received, not one, but TWO boxes from my Secret Pal 9. YAY!! Thank-you so much! She sent me three skeins of Red Heart in Plum berries, a pair of size 13 circulars, a friendship cookie mix, starbursts, skittles, a poncho leaflet, and a stuffed Christmas Teddy Bear. Yay! I love presents, especially when it involves yarn. I also received a really nice thank-you note from Major Knitter for the donation of yarn and supplies for the PTA Knit-A-Thon contest that she was involved with. She included a handmade set of Knit Notes and a post-it note pad that says Knit Happens on it. I was really surprised. I sent off some stash yarn and extra looms and needles, because the premise behind the contest was to teach the elementary school kids how to knit so that they could knit hats for Caps to the Capitol, which will distribute hats to babies through the organization Save the Children. I even made twenty hats to send off to Caps to the Capitol. Anyways, it was a very impressive effort and I am just glad that I was able to help out in my own little way.
Anyways, I am super tired from work. I was doing double-duty trying to catch up for my snow day on Friday, so I think I am just going to lay on my bed, rest my eyes and listen to the new Incubus cd and do that thing otherwise known as relaxing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment