Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl Knit-a-thon!

Well, I crocheted squares for Warm Up America, but my Mom did actually knit on her garter stitch scarf which is now 44 inches long. She can garter stitch perfect rows like people can breathe. I hope some day I can channel some of her ways. I finished two and 1/2 squares (7 by 9), so i consider that to be an accomplishment. Da Bears lost, but Peyton one the big one finally so it evens out. If my man Brett Favre isn't playing, i don't really care who is. The best part was the halftime show. Prince rocked my face off!!!!! All of sudden, I was a little girl back in the 80s with pigtails belting out Purple Rain to my Barbie dolls lined in a row. See, back in the day before I knew I was tone deaf, i used to rock out big time, cause i grew up during the days of 80s punk, pop and arena rock. those were the days baby. Prince was even better tonight, he did James Brown, Jimi Hendrix, the Foo Fighters before closing out with his ultimate make out song Purple Rain. There was even a marching band with glow in the dark trim on their uniforms! Sunshine, I think your marching band needs some of that! That was flippin sweet! Lol, can you tell I was even watching a football game.

Yuck, I am not really looking forward to going back to work. Our department needs to sit in a circle and hold hands for awhile. Things would be a lot better if I could listen to Prince on my ipod. Which I could, but then I would want to rock out and that is a little embarassing to do in a cubicle farm with a bunch of old ladies that listen to classic country and some nerdy dudes that only listen to really bad jazz. I really like jazz but they listen to the worst jazz music ever. It is so bad that I don't even think they wouldn't even play it on NPR at 3 am.

No comments: