Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Big Day

Today was a lot of fun. I went to the mall in Raleigh to meet up with a bunch of local people from Ravelry. It was cool to actually meet people in person since I had only PMed or read their posts previously. I finished the second placement for my sister. I had to rip it out and start over because I had made one placement before I left Oklahoma and when I originally made the second one I had left the first one behind so the second placement wasn’t the same size. So my sister brought them both back with her over 4th of July and so I ripped the 2nd one out last night and then restarted it and finished at the meet-up today. I am happy to say that they are both the same size and length now.
Earlier in the week I finally bought a copy of My So-Called Life on DVD. I loved that show when it first came out and was really mad when they cancelled it because I thought it accurately captured what high school was like (or at least it did for my high school experience). My American Girl doll is slated to arrive on Tuesday so I will pick it up when I go down to my parents house next weekend. My amazon order hasn’t shipped yet but it was a big order and I made the stupid mistake of clicking the “as few shipments as possible.”
I am almost finished reading A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel. She is really funny and will be coming to my new fav indy bookstore in Raleigh at the beginning of August so I might go to that.
I did survive Crate & Barrel without spending too much. I bought this amazing can opener because the one that came with the kitchen starter set my mom bought me at Wal-Mart when I moved out here is one of those crappy silver ones and it is a real pain in the ass to use. Since I eat a lot of stuff from a can, I thought this was worth the plurge. I could have bought other stuff but honestly I was just in total awe how cool their stuff was so I brought a catalog home with me so I could look at things later and not feel so overwhelmed. I also picked up some body butter at the Body Shop. My legs have totally dried out since I moved out here and I don’t know why and I was fresh out of body butter and then I bought some Fekkai shampoo at Bath & Body Works to try out. I am such a shampoo freak. I am always trying out different kinds. I also bought a new hairbrush at the Body Shop and it is amazing and it didn’t get stuck in my hair. I have thick coarse curly hair so, comb/brush shopping is always a crapshoot.
I ended up making a total of five preemie hats this week for the Preemie Project. They are so tiny and cute! It’s a good way to use up scrap yarn because it doesn’t use much of it.

No comments: