Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Finish Line

So I managed to finish the bag for the Going Green Swap 2 late Saturday afternoon but I didn’t finish it in time to mail it at the post office so I ended up mailing it after work at the far away post office that is open until 6pm ET unlike the closer one which is only open to 5pm. On the upside, post office #2 is really close to Whole Foods in Cary. Oh darn, I just had to stop. I’m glad I did because I discovered the most amazing croutons! Oh my god, I could eat just the croutons plain and I have only recently started liking the taste of croutons in general.
I also managed to make three preemie hats for The Preemie Project. They are so tiny. I made three out of them out of one skein of Wendy’s Peter Pan and I still had a little scrap yarn left. I also worked on the seafoam shawl and the shawl that I started knitting at my mom’s house over the 4th. My mom sent me home that weekend with a crapload of yarn which I am totally grateful for but it’s bugging me that I have no place to put it all, so it’s stacked up in my re-usable Whole Foods bags. I’m not sure if I want to buy some cubes to put it in or just leave it be and hope it inspires me to knit like the wind so that I can use it up! The Bud crate, the knitting basket and the big orange tub are all full! I realize that this is a pitiful stash size for many but this is the largest amount of yarn that I have had on hand in almost two years.
I managed to watch Sense and Sensibility this weekend and I also made it through all of Big Love: Season 2 on dvd while I was working on projects. This weekend is going to be busier. Saturday is knitting group and Sunday is the Idina Menzel concert (YAY!!—I’m so glad I decided to go). Knitting group on Saturday is at the big mall in the city and it should be interesting. I have never knitted or crocheted in a food court before. After is group is done then I am going to go shopping which could be bad. They have a Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, an Apple store and a Crate and Barrel and plus they have a MAC cosmetics store and Sephora. I really should leave my debit card at home. LOL. Honestly though, most of that will just be window shopping. I just bought an itouch, so I have my Apple fix for now. I’m not really sure which project I am going to take with me either. Probably a smaller one, because I don’t want to haul a big project around the mall with me.

No comments: