So on Friday I took a half-day of vacation (OMG, I know!!) and drove down to my parent's house. Prior to leaving town I finally got my oil changed at Jiffy Lube which was hectic because i was dumb and went at noon but they were fast and friendly. Jiffy Lube is kind of pricey but I'm new to the area and wanted a known company. Plus they gave me coupons and a discount and they had the new issue of People magazine. Now the Subaru is happy again and she has special high mileage oil because we are over the 104,000 mile mark. Knock on wood!!!
Speaking of mileage, I will be turning over the big 28 on Thursday the 25th. Scary! I had my mom cut my hair on Saturday because it was getting way too long and think I lost ten pounds of hair in the process. My parents gave me my birthday presents. I got Made of Honor, Atonement, Private Practice Season 1 and Grey's Anatomy Season 4, two kitchen scrubbies, a yarn holder and a yarn tote that my mom crocheted out of Red Heart Black and Mexicana and it possibly my new favorite bag. You can hold a lot of junk in this!
Mom and I went to a local quilt show on Saturday. I ended up buying a cupcake pin cushion and a pink pig tape measure. Cuter than words. Mom also ripped out the Jayne hat and helped me re-make it. We modified it but it still has the Jayne vibe to it.
I downloaded more shows on itunes, thereby securing Apple's future. I also finally bought a wall adapter for my itouch so life is easier now. I also bought the movie Young and Heart which is this great music documentary.
I am almost through the first skein of the Cotton Candy pink shawl (homespun, of course). I would have made more progress but Mom and have been out and about all weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment