Saturday, October 25, 2008

I love Saturdays

Apparently it rained last night or something because my car was all wet when I walked out to it this morning to go to the library. that could explain why I have been sneezing all morning.
So I am having much more success at the library today. I found three new books that I actually have been wanting to read and I have discovered their free wi-fi. BYOM (bring your own Mac). I am really also stoked about Apple the company's donation to the anti-Proposition 8 campaign in California.
I don't really have any exciting plans for the weekend. Reading and crochet, my two most favorite past times. I started skein 2 on the Tudor shawl this morning. I had started it once I had finished the Ocean shawl earlier this week. I also picked out my yarn for the Knit Your Bit Campaign (sponsored by the National WW II Museum in New Orleans). I participated the first year and didn't realize that it was annual so I missed last year but I am going to participate this year. The people in charge of this program are really cool and the scarves are given to veterans, so it's a win-win situation.
I have been doing an intense amount of reading lately. October=read lots of vampire books month. Borders was having a special sale buy 2 get 1 free on certain books, so I picked up three more Sookie Stackhouse books which are highly addicting. I am also re-reading Twilight in anticipation for the new movie in December. I will basically read anything I can get my hands on to a certain extent. i am also reading a lot of Anne Rice books too. 28 years and still a bookworm. It's fun though. I even have an unofficial book club at work, so I have been passing around books from the stash. I still need to just break down and buy another bookcase, like one of those shorter three shelf ones. I definitely would have the space because I have not acquired any actual furniture since I moved out here.

No comments: