Apparently, I worked out extra-hard today on the elliptical machine because I ended up with this really hawt heat rash. My other allergies are bothering me and I ran out of allergy medicine yesterday, so since today was pay day, I forced myself out of the recliner and drove over to Target to get some more. I was very bad. They had season two of Dawson’s Creek for $14.99 and they had a temporary price cut on the Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice so I bought myself another copy since I ended up “giving” my first copy to my mom that I bought earlier this summer. I had made a trip to BN earlier in the day after work to buy my copy of Gregory Maguire’s new book about the Cowardly Lion and the new Jon and Kate Plus 8 book and the holiday Vogue Knitting. I had coupons and daddy’s membership discount so I ended up buying a copy of Up the Down Staircase which I had been wanting to read since I think Sunshine told me about it and it sounded good and it’s a book my sister would read too.
I stopped at Wal-greens and finally found the Tide To-Go Minis! They are like the Tide To-Go stick only smaller and about the size of a tube of lipstick. I let out a teeny tiny squeal when I saw them because I have looked everywhere for them and none of the other stores I frequent had them yet. I feel so old!
We found out that my Aunt D’s dog, Molly is dying. She is a Yorkie and is Haley’s real dog-cousin, their mothers were from the same litter and we bought them the summer that my cousin died. They are 12 years old and Molly has never left my Aunt D’s side and so she is not taking this news very well because the vet says that Molly only has a few days left. I think my Aunt has called my Mom up in tears almost every day this week. It makes me very sad because then I worry about Haley getting old too although she doesn’t have all the health problems that Molly has. It is another reminder that we are not immortal.
I am working on making squares for my Simple Modern Squares afghan, which uses my Homespun scraps and orphan skeins. I started it up because I needed a break from the knitted shawl from HELL. Knitting that shawl is like watching grass grow so I am not very motivated to work on it right now.
Since I am having a gloom and doom day, I decided to make a Cher mixed cd to listen to on my way to my parent’s house this weekend and my crappy errands that I have left for tomorrow. It has just been one of those weeks when everything just becomes an event.
I get to register my Subaru and don’t even get me started on the STUPID TAG FEES which ARE WAY HIGHER THAN ANY STATE I EVER LIVED IN! Let’s just say I could have bought another Coach purse at the outlet mall for the same price.
I think the diet pop is making me crankier. Is that possible to go through a sugar withdrawl? I am going to put that on my list of things to ask my health coach about. She loves it when I have questions for her (honestly, she does!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment