Sunday, November 02, 2008

Weekend Tales

Saturday Tales

Last night was Halloween and I had some kind of stomach problem and so there was no candy eating at all. I stopped at Target after work to get some medicine and I had purchased a bag of peanut butter M and Ms which was a good thing because I ended up with 5 little trick or treaters knocking on my door at 8:15 pm ET while I was watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show on dvd. Since they said trick or treater and were actually little and dressed in costume, I gave them half the bag of candy. My sister had 0 trick or treaters and my parents had 68 but they live in a subdivision.
Yesterday we also had a sample sale at work for charity, so I finally got a light pink t-shirt with the company logo on it for $5 (these shirts always sell out first) and then I got two more shirts for my cousin’s little girls little K and A-dolly. Their shirts are mini-versions of mine and are so CUTE!
I had a 40% off coupon to Borders so I was able to buy the new Cobain Unseen book. It was nostalgia for me because I was only 14 when he died and we used to listen to Nirvana all the time and tape their music videos at sleepovers when I was in middle school and early high school. I have worn out my In Utero and MTV Unplugged copies of their cds and my sister was able to find me used copies over the weekend because Target was selling Nirvana cds for $15 and I’m not paying $15 dollars for CDs that came out in my YOUTH!

Sunday Tales

I have started the second skein on the Colonial shawl which I accidently called the Barrington shawl in my previous post. I know own all the Sookie Stackhouse books except for the most recent one that came out in May because it is in hardcover still and all my copies are mass market paperback so I thought that would be weird.
I made Pumpkin bread and Cranberry Orange bread from the mixes I bought at Trader Joes. They turned out really good but the mixes aren’t for the same size bread pan so my Pumpkin bread is really tall because I didn’t realize how many different sizes of bread pans there was. I might have to buy some more of the Cranberry Orange mix because it was really good. The pumpkin bread is good too but it has a LOT of cinnamon in it for my taste. Both of them are really easy to make and I have a cornbread mix that I will probably make next weekend.
I also finished reading The House on First Street: My New Orleans Story by Julia Reed and two of the books in Charlaine Harris’ other series, Shakespeare’s Champion and Shakespeare’s Trollop which are in the Lily Bard mystery series. I had checked those two out from the library because those were the only two Charlaine Harris books on hand at the branch closest to me.
I made a little trip to the local LYS yesterday. I got a Noni bag pattern, another crochet Cabbage Patch Kids vintage booklet, a Brittany K hook, a skein of Plymouth Encore in light gray and a skein of Cascade 220 Heathers in a nice deep red. I was hoping to find yarn for the Starbucks and Yarn swap but I didn’t find anything that just jumped out at me and I am always afraid that I am going to bump into something and get smothered in an avalanche of wool there.
I mailed off Sunshine’s birthday present (even though it is like a couple of weeks early), the Special Olympics scarves, the shirts to K and A-dolly, the Project Runway 5 Pool yarn for the winner, and the baby hats for the Knit One, Save One campaign which sponsored by Save the Children. The local post offices have cut out or cut back their Saturday hours but luckily the one near Whole Foods is still open on Saturdays until noon.
I bought the world’s cutest reusable lunch sack at Whole Foods yesterday for $1.99 and they have a new reusable grocery sack that Sheryl Crow designed that is really pretty so I bought that too. They are good for yarn storage in a pinch and pretty much anything that you would need to haul around.
I still don’t feel 100% great, but I still managed to salvage this weekend and get a lot of things done.

No comments: