Thursday, January 01, 2009

Rose Bowl Parade 2009

The Rose Bowl Parade is my favorite parade of the year because I love the floats and all the marching bands that perform. Watching this parade is one of my new year's traditions. My highlights for this year's parade include:

Favorite Floats:

1. Cynthia Nixon and the Vera Bradley float - Cynthia and purses, heaven!
2. The Stars of Hope float - I loved the star shapes and the story behind the float was really touching.
3. Honda float - I loved the confetti hat
4. Wizard of Oz float
5. Seasame Street float

Favorite Marching Bands:

1. Broken Arrow, OK
2. Blue Springs, MO
3. Bands of America Honor Band

Bowl fever continues tomorrow with the Sugar Bowl and watching Sunshine's band perform. I did stay up late enough to watch the ball drop in Times Square and I finished a total of two hats last night and one hat this morning with the leftover homespun. I also used some Christmas money to place an order with Scout's Swag, but that doesn't count if it's like Christmas money.

No comments: