Saturday, January 03, 2009

Yarny Goodness

Um, so Fox Network is stupid. they showed the parts of the two college band performances, a bunch of stupid commentary and then two seconds of the combined high school bands walking off the field before the half time show was over. But I'm still really really super proud of all the bands involved.

I can't believe my holiday vacation is almost over with. I'm not ready to go back to work yet and all the pile of work that will appear since the entire company will be back at work in full force.

I am almost done with the brown veteran's scarf I stared with left over scraps of Berella 4 yarn. I started it last night after I finished the Vanna's Choice taupe scarf. There is a lot of down time at Mom's house because my sister and my mother are not shoppers or touristy types.

Out of shear boredom and stir craziness, I convinced my Mom into going to Pineville to visit The Yarn Shop. I fell off the wagon of not-spending. I ended up with three skeins of Noro Silk Garden Chunky color #11 which is purple based, one skien of Opal Harry Potter in Harry (finally someplace has this in my area!), and one Brittany F hook. Mom fared much better. She bought 3 sock leaflets and a pair of Denise tips. I don't go to actual yarn shops that often and normally I don't spend that much, so it was like a treat for me. Plus, The Yarn Shop has a TON of Noro in all types, so a piece of me died inside, because I was in heaven! Plus, I needed some vibrant yarn after all the neutral yarn I had been using for the veteran's scarves. I had never tried the Silk Garden Chunky, I think it is one of their newer ones but I saw the color and I was in some serious yarn love. They also had a really cool store pattern for a crochet version of the knitted drop stitch scarf that I am going to attempt to make because I have a skein of Noro that I think it would look really good in (hopefully it's enough, otherwise I might just have to get more!).

No comments: