Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday Monday

I'm a little less stuffier today than I was when the weekend started but I am dragging ass. I think I might be experiencing some sort of caffeine withdrawal because I quit drinking pop at work so now I only drink pop on the weekends or in the evenings at home. There were some people burning their fields off on my way home and all that smoke screws up my allergies. I'm just glad that it's allergies though.

I did tie on skein 6 for L's afghan this weekend. I had a lot of stuff I was thinking about this weekend so I ended up crocheting like a madwoman. Plus, I would like to give it to her for Christmas and I told myself that I couldn't start another afghan until I finished this one. there is a variation on a granny square that I would like to make that uses Vanna White's new yarn line from Lion Brand. i like my afghans to be machine washable and I really liked the colors they used in it, kind of like muted primary colors of sorts.

I sat through a three hour workshop at work today. the only reason why I stayed awake was because i was sitting right next to the controller and the person giving the workshop is a really important financial analyst in my division so I was trying to soak up all of his knowledge but it was really hard because I can't crochet at work and so it's hard for me to sit through something like that and stay still and focused.

I started reading a book about Hunter S. Thompson. It's like little oral histories by his friends and family which is edited by Jann Wenner and another guy from Rolling Stone magazine. While Hunter's style of writing might be sometimes off the wall, i really do enjoy reading his works. I like to challenge my brain with ideas that are totally outside of my box.

No comments: