Saturday, November 03, 2007

Check Engine Lights and Leftover Candy

We did not get one single solitary trick or treater on Halloween. Co-Worker J has agreed to eat all of my vanilla tootsie rolls and my Dots because my sister and I won't eat those. I am going to make hat #2 for L with some multi-colored yarn that I bought at the Ben Franklin going out of business in Belle Plaine sale while I was back in Iowa.
Last night in the middle of my commute home my evil little Check Engine light came on. Out of nowhere. My Subaru was completely happy. All I did differently was top off my tank with gas on my way into work this morning and I was a few miles over on my oil change, but my car wasn't making noises or omitting or leaking anything.It's not quite 5 years old and in really good shape. Since my Dad is still in China, I called Mom and she said that when we first got the Subarus the Check engine light would come on if the gas cap wasn't on perfect so they would have to take it in and have the little light turned off. So, out of supreme guilt, I got up this morning and took my Subaru into the swanky oil change place. The light is still on but according to the manual, it could take several trips before the light would come off or I would have to have it reset. So I might be making a trip to Broken Arrow next weekend to have them turn the little light off. Insert eye roll here.
Anyways, I am still planning on going to co-worker J's wife's rubber stamping demonstration party because we are going to make two special occasion cards and I think it sounds fun. co-worker A is going with me, so that way we will know some people because co-worker J and his wife just moved here in June.
My sister had cleaned the whole entire house while I was getting my oil changed and at the grocery store. I about fainted from the shear bliss and joy of coming home to having all her crap cleaned up AND all of the dishes done. Sunshine would totally understand this.

No comments: