I am very happy to report that I finished the big afghan Wednesday night. Yay!!!! The border is complete and I wove the ends in as i went so I didn't have any finishing work to do. I took pics and tomorrow i will take it over to my friends at the UPS store so that they can send it up north for the birthday girl. It will be bittersweet because this is the largest project I've completed to date.
Grades posted and unfortunately I did not flunk out of school. In fact i got straight As. I have no idea how I pulled that off with all of the disasters and drama this semester. I got my summer tuition bill and it is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
Since I still have no social life until the end of this month, I am very excited to start working on The Slouchy Purse. This pattern is in Interweave Crochet Spring 2007 and was designed by the Crochet Dude. I am using two skeins of Lamb's Pride Worsted in Chianti and my new size H Addi hook. I am spoiled. I can't use the other hooks now that I have discovered the Addi ones. I started this project last night while watching Ugly Betty and I am already on row 7. It's basically a ribbing pattern and once I reminded myself to do stitches other than the half double I had been doing for the last two months, it took off fast. The color looks great and I am excited to be working with wool and not acrylic. Acrylic has a time and a place but I don't use it any more if it's a project for me. My goal is to finish the base so that I can have my Mom help me with attaching the handle and sewing the lining in. Sewing the lining in makes a great finished project but it is a bitch to do right with out having puckers in the fabric.
Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy were awesome last night. I would like the writers to cut my poor Meredith a break. The poor girl has been enough. This weekend I have three Gilmore Girls tapes that I missed to catch up before I watch the series finale on Tuesday. I am so sad about the series finale. There is nothing like that show out there and I can't wait until Season 7 comes out on dvd.
EVENING UPDATE:
My ex-boyfriend, the jackass from FOUR YEARS AGO that cheated on me with a seventeen year old when I was twenty two and he was twenty five messaged me on yahoo, wanting to catch up with me! THE NERVE!!! He did half ass apologize this evening but I made it pretty damn clear that I am a strong financially independent woman that doesn't want to reconnect with him. I tried to convey this in the most polite manner but I have this policy of not dating exes. I did that once and I learned my lesson. Generally speaking, there is a pretty damn good reason why it didn't work out the first time. I'm still really surprised about the whole thing because I just popped on my messenger to see if I had any e-mail.
Other than this minor disruption, I am having a nice evening. My sister and I went to Pizza Hut because that was always my reward growing up for getting good grades. Lol. Family traditions are nice sometimes. I talked to my parents. They celebrated thirty two years of marriage yesterday and had squid for dinner (cooked in calamari style). Yuck. they liked it though so that is what matters. I would celebrate with penne covered in tomato vodka sauce instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment