It was nine o'clock last night and my sister had just ate a heaping bowl of stinky ass tuna and left the bowl with little tuna bits stinking up the place. I did two heaping sinks full of dishes on Friday before I left for Wichita and when I came back the damn sink was full again Sunday night and we had like three clean bath towels. My sister is a total pig. Somedays i am not sure how we live together. Anyways, I was running the water to soak them in and the side with the garbage disposal started to back-up and spew chunks of hard pretzels and cigarette butts!! Yet another gift from the previous renters. So I plunged it down and then my sister took a turn and the water filled up the dishwasher and started spewing out. We ended up calling the landlord and he came out and unclogged the sink while we were at work this morning. He is coming back tomorrow morning to run the dishwasher and make sure that all works. We hadn't ran the dishwasher because of the big sewer incident a few weeks ago. This is one of the perks of living in an older home. This house was built in the 50s and I am almost certain that all the plumbing is original. Our kitchen smells like stale barf.
In other news, my sister and I found Dr. Pepper on sale at Kmart for $2.25 a 12 pack!!!!! How sweet is that! I also bought a copy of Elizabeth Gilbert's book Eat Pray Love. I had seen this book on the shelves and drawn to the cover, but I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. I finally decided to buy it and I am really glad I did. Basically it is a memoir of a writer who is just went through a messy divorce and was basically questioning who she was and what her purpose was in life. She decides to take a year off and visit Italy, India and Indonesia. I can hardly put this book down. I keep reading it during the commerical breaks for Dancing with the Stars. I think I feel so connected to this book because I am a spot in my life where I have to make the big decisions about where to live and where I want to work and when I can have a little Yorkie of my own.
My little Shuffle has made commuting and life in the cubicle farm a lot better. Teeny tiny just like a quarter! The battery really lasts too, so I am happy about that. I heart Apple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment